Managing the Assets
The assets functionality in Webflow is pretty poor, in fact, it's the one piece of the system I can't stand! Terribly complicated to do anything other than store images.
I know it has been crawling up the wishlist for a few years and I thought, to perhaps move things along a bit, I would produce a very basic (and probably error-ridden) version of where I think it should be heading. A few points:
- View on desktop only - I haven't bothered with a mobile version. :)
- Press the Assets button to start.
- I have tried to apply Webflow design and functionality to the pages; trying to second-guess what the company would do themselves.
- I haven't added a bunch of stuff requested by everyone on the Wishlist - I thought I'd go for basic functionality to start with. Perhaps features like file renaming can come later...
- I haven't added any functionality to the Search and Upload button, I thought that was self-explanatory.
- Three features you can apply to any selection - Delete, Move (to any folder) and Draft (To remove the images from the website assets, in the same way we do with pages). Again, I haven't added any functionality here.
I hope you find it a useful start point. Give me a shout with your thoughts.